Thursday, November 26, 2009

Same shit, different day

Well, Chiang Mai, bu-bye. Don't get me wrong I had a good time there but man, oh man was I happy to get all my bags packed (now up to 2 backpacks!) and get on the train and get out of Dodge. The train ride was half good, half bad. I didn't have a seat mate this time so I got to sprawl out like a princess but I think that train was overdue for some maintenance. I barely got any sleep because it was one step up from riding on a rollercoaster, just as I would drift off I'd find myself being thrown from one side of the bunk to the other because of the bouncing and bucking of the train on the tracks. Anywhoodle, made it in one piece but I'm not sure how many times I'd ride that train before the odds weren't in my favor.

So Pattaya, again. Eat, sleep, beach, the boy, same same as they say in Thailand. I'm just here til Monday morning and then head off on what in my head is a whirlwind tour of Phnom Phen, Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur and Penang but 5 days in each isn't so whirlwind. After being away for over 2 months I've lost all sense of time, it could be Tuesday, maybe Friday and so having to actually plan to be in places with flights and reserving accommodations makes it feel almost, I'd hate to say stressful, how about it feels like real life.

On another good note, Pattaya is busy and it's not so much that old song "The Freaks Come Out At Night" because it's non-stop 24/7. I wish I could have taken a picture at the beach today of the broad (and I use that term in the perfect context) who was head to toe in pink. Right from her pink biker's hat encrusted with rhinestones, her bikini, the chandelier earrings and pierced belly button jewelry. Did I mention saying she was 60 would be kind and that her arm probably outweighed me?

It's fabulous here.

No comments:

Post a Comment