Friday, October 16, 2009

I really loathe Tom Hanks....


but you know that awful movie where he's stuck on an island alone and befriends a basketball? I totally get that. I've had almost no human contact as I'm on day 4 of not dying from the worst head cold ever. I wish I had something exciting to report, well, outside of the not dying part, but I've turned into that guy. The one wearing boxers, laying in bed eating brownies, drinking orange juice, the bed littered with used kleenexes watching movie marathons.

I suppose I could be annoyed with being sick but I don't have the energy to get riled up about it. On the plus side I'm all caught up on "The Vampire Diaries", just watched Zombieland (2 thumbs up!) and for some reason downloaded not 1 but 2 Jodi Foster movies, Panic Room and Flight Plan. This is what I've become.

Luckily what has saved me is the Lotus Tesco store 5 minutes from my condo. And by 5 minutes I mean I drive to the end of the soi on my scooter, park it and then walk 4 buildings down. Why not drive all the way you ask? Stupid one way street. So off I go twice a day to load up on orange juice, a delectable frozen dinner and those delicious brownies.

The good news is that as of a few hours ago my head stopped feeling like a helium balloon, I can breathe out of one nostril so I'm thinking things should clear up soon. Because really, I don't want to be one of those people we make fun of.

And yes, I've showered....every day. Please don't think things have gotten that pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment