Tuesday, September 22, 2009

These boots are made for walking....

I hoofed around town so much today even an hour long foot massage didn't help, mind you they only cost $10 so I have the feeling I'll just keep going back over and over again until my feet don't feel like stumps. I went over to Siam Square today which is quite the shopping mecca ranging from Paragon Mall all Gucci, Prada, Versace to MBK which is also all Gucci, Prada and Versace except for the fact the MBK stuff was more than likely made in some sweatshop and oddly enough costs 1000's of baht less. Hmmm.

The shopping is crazy assed over here, I'm continuing my dress shirt splurge. It's hard to feel guilty when when the selection is overwhelming and the prices ridiculous. So after 6 long hours I finally packed it in and shuffled back to Silom and indulged in said foot massage which also includes a neck, shoulder and leg massage. During the leg massage my cute, young 20 something masseur discretely tried to get a bit more friendly, the whole time with one of those shit eating grins the Thai's are so good at.

Ended the day with dinner at Balcony Pub with an acquaintance from Vancouver who's now living here. It's down on one of the gay soi's, cute eager young waiters who would be more than happy to go on a "date" with you if the price is right. If you saw some the overweight older farangs hanging around you'd know they weren't there for the food which was mediocre at best. Speaking of food that delicious bowl of soup your looking at was my lunch today. There are 2 or 3 items which I'm not exactly sure what animal they're from but it was tasty as hell and set me back a whopping $1.50

Packing up tonight as I'm heading out early tomorrow to hop the bus down tot he beach. Should be an interesting excursion navigating the skytrain over the bus station with my honking big, and now filled to the brim, backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment